Monday, November 27, 2006

Far too much work, not enough knitting

November has been a crazy, crazy month. It's been all about work (the kind that pays the bills) and not too much about anything fiber related. I've managed to do a few rows here and there on two different pairs of socks, but nothing complete to show, alas.

Thanksgiving was nice--had it at Dad's house. Everyone brought side dishes, and as usual Norm carved the turkey, I made the gravy and was stationed on the oven/stove for the part where everything gets reheated and into serving dishes. On Monday night I made two practice pies---one Sour Cream Apple Pie and one Ultimate Lemon Meringue pie. (Then on Wednesday I made 2 more lemon and one more apple---the apple for David's family, one lemon to send along to my Mom's side of the family, and one lemon for me to take to Dad's). I'd never used these recipes before and wanted to make sure they were actually good ones before the big day. I can't recommend enough the apple pie and the lemon pies were delicious too. I also made all the ricotta cheese for David's mother's lasagna she makes with homemade pasta. My kitchen's had a serious workout, let me tell ya.

And...David and I are making limoncello for gifts this year. We've zested 40 lemons and he made a special trip to Rhode Island to get the Everclear (it's illegal to sell in Massachusetts.) At the moment we've got two huge jars of lemon zest soaking in the booze. It looks so pretty! With one jar we're going to make Crema di Limoncello and with the other we'll make the regular stuff. I can't wait to see how it comes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home