Monday, October 30, 2006

Big Honkin' Man Socks, a.k.a Thuja



This Thuja sock in progress is absolutely gigantic. The enormity of a wide size 13 men's foot is difficult to describe. Thank goodness it's Artyarns Supermerino (119) which is worsted weight, so it's knitting up relatively quickly. I can't even imagine making a pair of big ass men's socks in sock weight wool.

My little sister is obsessed with all things orange, and she can't stand having her feet feel hot (so wool is pretty much out). Therefore I'm planning to make her a pair of socks with this Greenwood Fiberworks cotton/lycra sock yarn in the colorway "Great Pumpkin." This came in the mail on Friday and the color is quite a bit lighter in real life than it appeared on the Etsy site I purchased it from. In fact, I like it's actual color better than the color it was pictured in.



I've never knit anything using a fiber that's held together with a filament of lycra so I'm definitely going to have to swatch this one to see how it behaves.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home