Friday, October 20, 2006

Completed Aran Braid Socks



Pattern: Aran Braid Socks
Yarn: Knitpicks Gloss in Woodland Sage
Needles: Two size 0 circulars
Sock Size: 4 1/2 Ladies

Pattern mods: Added some braid repeats to the leg, worked on 2 circs instead of DPNs, picked up gusset stitches using Grumperina's pretty way, and did a star toe from the Sensational Knitted Socks book.

I just ordered some Artyarns Supermerino from Sarah's Yarns for a pair of Thuja socks for my boyfriend's fabulous brother. I cannot wait for it to arrive. I've never knitted socks for a man before (much less one with big ass feet), so I figured I should probably choose a pattern with thicker yarn and less stitches so I don't want to slit my wrists before they're done.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Those are lovely.
Yay for cabled socks!

 
At 5:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these cable socks. I have been going through all these knitting blog sites and stumbled upon yours. I just finished knitting my very first pair of socks and really enjoyed making them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home