Thursday, October 05, 2006

Inaugural Post

I've just joined the Socktoberfest 2006 and barring any difficulties with my flaky digital camera batteries and my ever elusive USB cord, I intend to post a photo of my first completed socks for the 'fest by the end of the weekend. I'm working on a pair of cabled/moss stitch socks from a pattern in Sensational Knitted Socks done in Concord Grape Knitpicks Gloss and I've just completed the heel turn on the second sock. I've got company coming this weekend, but there should be plenty of sitting around time, which translates into plenty of knitting time. Woo freakin' hoo!

In the meantime, here's another pair of socks (that doesn't count for Socktoberfest since I finished the pair at the end of September) from Sensational Knitted Socks. The pattern is called Ribbed Lace, and these were done in Knitpicks Essential in Grass. The color is more accurate in the detail photo. I have to say I did not enjoy this pattern at all. It's a 24 row repeat and I had to constantly refer to the pattern which made it tough to knit and do anything else at the same time. (Like talk, or watch a film or daydream.)





I'm not a huge fan of the Essential. It feels pretty scratchy to me. I admit it did soften up quite a bit after blocking, but not enough to make me want to order any more. But it was cheap, so worth the experiment, I suppose. On the other hand, the Gloss I'm using for the pair I'm working on now is marvelous. So soft, so shiny, and for $3.99 a hank, I had to instantly order more. I wish they had a much larger color selection.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

klonopin online klonopin plus alcohol - stopping clonazepam cold turkey

 
At 7:20 AM , Anonymous generic Ativan no prescription said...

Ativan has a fast onset, meaning a person feels its effects soon after taking it, and they typically last six to eight hours. Ativan primarily brings feelings of relaxation, a sense of euphoria, and slight drowsiness.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home