Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Surprise, surprise....

You Are 60% Evil

You are evil, but you haven't yet mastered the dark side.
Fear not though - you are on your way to world domination.



This past weekend was interesting one for me indeed. It included my very first time at the Topsfield Fair AND my very first time in an IKEA store.

Having never been to a real country fair, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. We spent most of the time checking out the various animals (including cows, goats, sheep, rabbits, chickens, ducks, an elephant and camel and various ponies, and some really impressive birds of prey, too.) I wondered how people could visit with cows for 20 minutes and then walk right out of the barn and over to the hamburger stand and order one up. I won't be able to eat a steak again until I can forget how sweet their eyes are.

Watching a woman spinning angora right off her rabbit caused me to briefly toy with the idea of buying one, until I remembered my very jealous cat. I should probably wait until he's no longer with us to even think about it at all.

I had a panic attack in the middle of IKEA. It was horrifying. I was with my mom and our friend Renee and we'd been browsing for hours. Both Mom and Renee had specific things they wish to purchase there in the future, but I did not, so it stopped being fun for me after about 2 hours, and we weren't even halfway through the place. All of the sudden my heart felt like it was going to beat right out of my chest and I told my companions I just had to get outside and get some air. And then I fled. Unfortunately it took me about 10 minutes of brisk walking to even get to the exit. I was fine again after sitting outside on a bench for a while, but it was still not something I expected to happen and very embarassing, too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home